Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hi! I am Lori and Spell it Out (http://www.etsy.com/shop/SPELLitOUTbyLSudler) my little artistic corner of the world. Obviously from the above I am an Etsy artisan and I am starting this blog because in my previous corporate life I gained a great deal of experience in helping to create websites that met customers wants/needs (and sometimes what we wanted the customer to need). So as I started spending the money I earned on other Etsy shops (come on we all do that) I started noticing a few little things that many artists were doing that could be easily fixed and maybe make a big difference. So I started a forum thread http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=6399670&page=22 in the Etsy Critique forum where I would give honest and considerate feedback on the way people were marketing their crafts. People ate it up I literally could not keep up with the requests and I am still trying to go on once a day and do a couple but then I get 4-5 more requests. Don't get me wrong I enjoy doing it and I have met some really talented artists through that forum but I was noticing some repeating issues so I thought I would start writing about some tips for anyone who might care.


I'm not always going to talk about marketing an Etsy site and I don't want to be the one doing all the talking. I also want to highlight some of those really talented artists I have seen. So you never know what you might get but please check back often to see!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment